HTML Help
HTML Help Central . com

» Online Users: 56

1 members and 55 guests
Most users ever online was 695, 02-16-2011 at 07:01 AM.

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Domains For Sale

How can I allow users to change an image on my site using a php script?

Hello! I'm running www.northernilskywarn.org

Basically, See that "Net Status" Icon that flashes (It's a GIF file) on the left? When we change out net status, I want it to be easy for the 3 "website operators" I have to log into the admin control page (Yes, I have it pass/user protected) and have a drop down menu, or similar, that says "Change Net Status" then 4 options: Blue, Green, Yellow, and Red. The path to the "net staus icons" are /images/CAL.gif. (CAL meaning condition alert level.)

Right now, I have a template set on the pages in Dreamweaver that always draws up the /images/CAL.gif image to display. What I have had to do was go thru Filezilla, change the name of what GIF I want displayed. That isn't productive, especially for other website operators without the ability to FTP.

I was thinking a way to copy one of those images, move it to a "current status" directory, and rename it to "current.gif" or something. Then, when the admin changes it from, say, blue to yellow, it moves "yellow.gif" into the " current status" directory and names it "current.gif" and gets rid of the one in there already.

If anyone knows how to set this up, I'm stupid when it comes to FTP so I need "step by step."

THANKS!!

one question.thanks)

Hello.

one question.thanks)

Hello.

one question.thanks)

Hello.

Yes, I am agree with above post, please search for some helpful videos.