HTML Help
HTML Help Central . com

» Online Users: 72

0 members and 72 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 695, 02-16-2011 at 07:01 AM.

» Site Navigation

> FAQ

» Domains For Sale

What is W3C Validation?

http://validator.w3.org

The W3C Validator checks the markup validity of Web documents in HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, etc.

Most pages on the World Wide Web are written in computer languages (such as HTML) that allow Web authors to structure text, add multimedia content, and specify what appearance, or style, the result should have.

As for every language, these have their own grammar, vocabulary and syntax, and every document written with these computer languages are supposed to follow these rules. The (X)HTML languages, for all versions up to XHTML 1.1, are using machine-readable grammars called DTDs, a mechanism inherited from SGML.

However, Just as texts in a natural language can include spelling or grammar errors, documents using Markup languages may (for various reasons) not be following these rules. The process of verifying whether a document actually follows the rules for the language(s) it uses is called validation, and the tool used for that is a validator. A document that passes this process with success is called valid.

With these concepts in mind, we can define "markup validation" as the process of checking a Web document against the grammar (generally a DTD) it claims to be using.
    -Billy

"I am using Linux every day to up my productivity - so up yours!"

******** W A R N I N G ! *******************************
    Linux should not be used by those under the influence of Microsoft.
    May cause dizziness or vertigo. Consult your tech support before
    using Linux. (note--after using Linux, you may notice extreme
    discomfort when using Microsoft. Discontinue use of Microsoft.)
    ******************************* W A R N I N G ! ********

There is two things there that i am sure people have no idea what are, Is is what they mean.

DTD - Document type definition
    SGML - Standard Generalized Markup Language

And the others just in case

HTML - Hyper Text Markup Language
    XHTML - eXtensible Hyper Text Markup Language
    SMIL - Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language ....?
    MathML - Mathematical Markup Language

W3C - World Wide Web Consortium
    Last edited by Chris; 04-29-2011 at 11:12 AM.
    Chris

Computers are like Air Conditioners..
    Once you open windows they both stop working.
    Updated Links

My Blog | MadReligion | My facebook | Twitter

Windows has Written There Code to fail!! Save YourSelf.. Go Linux!!

The W3C is an international community that develop the world wide web standards. Essentially, they decide how website markup and script should be rendered and written. The W3C validating tool is an online tool that will check your markup to ensure that it follows the standards based on the DTD you specify. Developers use this tool to ensure that all their HTML code is written to standard and is compliant.

W3C validation indicates validation of the requirements which are used in site. It is useful to improve exposure of your website through the different visitor. Search results give more personal preference to the mistake services to position.

w3c is the standard way of coding web pages. the validation makes sure you are up to date and not using any discontinued ways that might not be correctly read by popular up to date browsers.

The Markup Validation Service is a validator by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) that allows Internet users to check HTML and XHTML documents for well-formed markup. Markup validation is an important step towards ensuring the technical quality of web pages. however, is not a complete measure of web standards conformance.Though W3C validation is important for browser compatibility and site usability, it has not been confirmed what effect it has on search engine optimization.

The W3C is the World Wide Web Consortium and provides guidelines according to best practice, regarding the way websites together with websites must be organized and created for long–term permanence. The W3C validation is just a standard for specified machine language, spelling, grammar, checking web documents, syntax, and proofreading.

W3C is the standard way of coding web pages. the validation makes sure you are up to date and not using any discontinued ways that might not be correctly read by popular up to date browser .

Thanks, I've always been confused with W3C and DTD because I took a basic (very basic lol) HTML class but they weren't really explained ever